Following are scenarios where the error "Failed connecting to the YubiKey. Make sure the application has the required permissions." can appear in YubiKey Manager, as well as what to do in each case.
You attempt to open Applications > FIDO2
Due to API changes in recent versions of Windows 10, in order to access FIDO protocols, YubiKey Manager needs to be run as administrator. This can be done by right-clicking the app's shortcut, and then clicking Run as administrator.
You plug in a Security Key by Yubico or a Security Key NFC, but the key is not detected
Since our Security Keys support FIDO protocols only, and API changes in recent versions of Windows 10 have restricted access to FIDO protocols so administrator elevation is required, YubiKey Manager needs to be run as administrator in order to detect a Security Key. This can be done by right-clicking the app's shortcut, and then clicking Run as administrator.
You are running macOS Catalina, and you attempt to open Applications > OTP
macOS Catalina includes a new security feature that requires YubiKey Manager to be granted Input Monitoring permission before it will be able to open the YubiKey's OTP application (this is because the YubiKey's OTP application is essentially a USB keyboard). To grant YubiKey Manager this permission:
- Quit out of YubiKey Manager completely (YubiKey Manager > Quit YubiKey Manager, or press ⌘+Q on your keyboard with the YKM window in focus).
- Open System Preferences.
- Click Security & Privacy.
- Click the Privacy tab.
- Scroll down until you see Input Monitoring and select it.
- Click on the padlock in the lower-left corner and authenticate so you are able to make changes.
- Click the + button.
- In the window that appears, select Applications in the left column if it is not already selected, then scroll down to and select YubiKey Manager. Click Open.
- Make sure YubiKey Manager now appears in the list of apps with Input Monitoring permission with its box checked.
- Click the padlock again to prevent further changes.
Once this has been done, you should be able to open Applications > OTP after reopening YubiKey Manager.
You are running macOS Catalina, and you attempt to open Applications > PIV
Under macOS Catalina, an issue may occur intermittently that will prevent one from opening Applications > PIV in YubiKey Manager with the error above. Yubico is investigating this, but in the meantime, it should be possible to work around this issue by reinserting the YubiKey and trying again to open Applications > PIV (note that this may take more than one try).