You may occasionally find that you want to move the Yubico OTP from its default location in Slot 1 to Slot 2. One reason you might want to do this is to avoid accidentally sending an OTP code by pressing the YubiKey. Moving the Yubico OTP to Slot 2 requires a "press and hold" (Slot 1 requires just a short tap). This can be done using either the YubiKey Manager or YubiKey Personalization Tool.
- Open YubiKey Manager.
- Click Configure... to the right of the OTP application.
- Click the Swap... button.
- Click Yes to confirm the swap.
YubiKey Personalization Tool
- Open the YubiKey Personalization Tool.
- Click Settings from the top menu, then click Update Settings.
- Under Configuration Slot, click Configuration Slot 1.
- Click Swap.