This article applies to:
To help identify several common issues with YubiKeys, you can follow the instructions below.
- Plug the YubiKey in and confirm the LED turns on. If not, try flipping it over as some USB ports are "upside down".
- Check to see how your YubiKey is being identified.
- Windows users, check Devices and Printers in the Control Panel.
- MacOS users, check Apple Menu > About This Mac > System Report, and look under Hardware > USB.
- Linux users check either dmesg in terminal.
- Make sure the YubiKey shows up as YubiKey 4 (or NEO) OTP+U2F+CCID.
- If you are missing one of the modes (OTP+U2F+CCID) you can use the YubiKey NEO Manager to turn it back on.
- Launch the YubiKey NEO Manager.
- Click Change connection mode.
- Check all boxes.
- Click OK.
- Remove and reinsert the YubiKey.
- Test U2F at https://demo.yubico.com/u2f in either Chrome, Firefox, or Opera.
- Test OTP at https://demo.yubico.com.