To help identify several common issues with YubiKeys, you can follow the instructions below.
- Plug the YubiKey in and confirm the LED turns on. If not, try flipping it over as some USB ports are "upside down".
- Check to see how your YubiKey is being identified.
- Windows users check Devices and Printers in the Control Panel.
- MacOS users check Apple Menu > About This Mac > System Report, and look under Hardware > USB.
- Linux users check dmesg in terminal.
- Make sure the YubiKey shows up as YubiKey 4 (or NEO) OTP+U2F+CCID.
- If you are missing one of the USB Interfaces (OTP, U2F, or CCID) you can use the Enabling or Disabling USB Interfaces article to enable it.
- Test U2F by following the Testing U2F guide.
- Test OTP by following the Testing Yubico OTP guide.