If your Security Key by Yubico or FIDO U2F Security Key isn't functioning, you can follow the instructions below.
- Plug the Security Key in and confirm the LED turns on. If not, try flipping it over as some USB ports are "upside down".
- If you don’t see the LED, try a different USB port on the computer or another computer if you have one available.
- Check to see how the Security Key is being identified.
- Windows users, check Devices and Printers in the Control Panel.
- MacOS users, check Apple Menu > About This Mac > System Report, and look under Hardware > USB.
- Linux users check dmesg in terminal.
- Make sure the Security Key shows up as Security Key by Yubico.
- Test U2F at https://demo.yubico.com/u2f in Chrome, Firefox, or Opera.