Confirming the authenticity of your Yubico device is easy, and can be done in a couple of ways.
You will need:
- A Yubico device that supports FIDO U2F (see Applicable Products above)
- The latest version of Google Chrome, Opera, or Firefox
- U2F may need to be enabled on Firefox, you can find out how to do this here: https://support.yubico.com/solution/articles/15000017511-enabling-u2f-support-in-mozilla-firefox
Option 1: Verify Using the YubiKey Verification page.
Open Chrome, and open the verification page: https://www.yubico.com/genuine/.
Insert your Yubico device, and click Verify Device to begin the process.
Touch the YubiKey when prompted, and if asked, allow it to see the make and model of the device.
- If you see "Verification complete", your device is authentic.
Option 2: Verify Using the U2F Demo Site.
- Open Chrome and browse to the U2F Demo site: https://demo.yubico.com/u2f.
- Insert your Yubico device.
- Enter anything you want for the username and password and click Next.
- Tap the metal contact on your YubiKey or Security Key when it begins flashing.
- Note: If prompted, allow it to see the make and model of the device.
- Confirm that the registration is successful and that it shows a "Verified device" that matches the model you have.