In some scenarios, such as when the FIDO2 PIN is locked from too many incorrect attempts, you may want to reset the FIDO2 application on your YubiKey or Security Key.
Warning: resetting the FIDO2 application will delete all resident credentials as well as reset the FIDO root key used by FIDO2 and U2F for two-factor authentication.
- Download and install YubiKey Manager.
- Insert your YubiKey to an available USB port on your computer.
- Open YubiKey Manager.
- Click Applications, then FIDO2.
- Click Reset.
- On the confirmation page, click Reset.
- Click Yes to confirm.
- When prompted, remove and re-insert your YubiKey.
- When the LED on the YubiKey begins flashing, touch the metal contact.